Management Leadership for Tomorrow
Director, Rising Leader Professional Development
MLT’s Director, Rising Leader Professional Development will lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive set of career acceleration offerings designed for MLT’s Rising Leaders (largely mid-career professionals advancing toward senior leadership).
These offerings will include personalized coaching and career transition guidance, as well as access to professional advancement opportunities, executive mentors, and community impact platforms. This person will determine the vision and product roadmap, as well as the analytics and assessment plan, and s/he will work with key stakeholders across the organizations (including partnerships, marketing, finance, and programs) and with external partners to guide and grow this critical portfolio.
The ideal candidate has experience in consumer marketing/insights and/or product development / product management and has been responsible for rolling out new products/services that utilize a technology platform. S/he may have experience in a professional services or corporate setting or a consumer-oriented start-up. The Director, Rising Leader Professional Development will be based in Washington, DC at MLT’s headquarters.
The Director, Rising Leader Professional Development will:
- Develop the overall strategy and lead the operations of MLT’s Rising Leader professional development offerings
- Launch the initial offerings and inaugural fellow cohorts; build momentum and early adoption
- Understand the competitive landscape and needs of the audience for these new offerings
- Foster a data-driven start-up framework whereby product launch, user experience, customer satisfaction, desirable outcomes, and key insights are tracked and measured
- Finalize the curriculum and hire coaching staff
- Attentively respond to early feedback and course correct
- Develop and manage the program delivery process, including program content, tech-based user experience, coaching, and outcomes tracking
- Work closely with partnerships and marketing teams to execute the communications strategy, maximize revenue opportunities and establish/execute marketing calendar for future years
- Create and scale new professional development offerings, and calibrate existing offerings in response to metrics and feedback
- Oversee development and refinement of program curricula and training of coaches, who will support Rising Leaders during their careers
- Build out and manage team
- 10 years’ professional experience (MBA strongly preferred) in consumer services marketing and/or technology-driven product or service business, having successful track record around one’s own career transitions
- Proven success in defining, building, releasing and refining product offerings and upselling / cross-selling a more boutique set of consumer-oriented services to an existing loyal customer base
- Strong analytical bent; experience gathering and analyzing consumer needs and translating those into product requirements / product roadmap
- Demonstrated learning agility/ability to iterate in real time
- Strong client and sales orientation; able to marshal resources across an organization
- Strong results orientation
- Demonstrated passion for talent development; experience as a coach or in a career advisory capacity a plus
- For-profit education experience a plus
- Previous career or leadership development experience a plus
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; include Director, Rising Leader Professional Development in the subject line of the email.
The Company will offer a competitive compensation package to attract an individual with the requisite skills and background it seeks. The successful candidate will also participate in all of the Company’s benefits programs.